An adventurous day trip exploring around Forster and Tuncurry.
It's easy to spend a day exploring Forster and Tuncurry if you have a taste for easy adventure: horse riding, diving, fishing, walking and dolphin watching.
If you've already decompressed and adjusted to holiday time, you may be up for something a little more active, to clear your head and earn a special dinner.
- Get up early for a sunrise horse ride on Tuncurry Beach with Horseabout Tours.
- Afterwards enjoy breakfast with waterviews at The Deck in Tuncurry with a quick dip in Tuncurry Rock Pool.
- If you'd like some underwater adventures then join a guided swim with Forster Dive Centre or Dive Forster at Fishermans Wharf. There's nothing quite like seeing grey nurse sharks, rays and turtles in their own habitat, up close and personal.
- If you prefer staying on top of the water as you chase fish, then choose a fishing charter from Reel Ocean Adventures, Forster Fishing Charters or Forster Estuary Charters.
- If you love the feeling of beach driving, then you can take your 4WD vehicle onto Nine Mile Beach at Tuncurry (beach permit required) and exit at the other end at Black Head. Just be careful and respectful, as you share that beach with people, horses, dogs and wildlife.
- Otherwise you can drive to Cape Hawke Lookout to see those ocean waves from the best lookout in Forster. The climb to the top of the cape takes some effort but the view is worth it.
- Afterwards take the walking track to McBrides Beach for a remote swimming experience. It's hard to believe a busy coastal town is just around the corner.
- Back in Forster pick up a quick lunch at any of the tasty eateries: cooked seafood (try Beach Street Seafoods or Lobby's Seafood); burgers and more (try the new Gigi's Burgers & Diner, Burger Urge or Rusty's); chicken at Poulette Rotisserie; or Asian tapas at The Dragon's Den.
- Wind down your adventure with an afternoon lake cruise to watch dolphins with Free Spirit Cruises and Amaroo Cruises (returning soon).
- Finish the day treating yourself with dinner at one Forster’s finest eateries: Verde Eatery, Spice Monkey, Si Señorita, Café Toscano or The Sicilian.
- Or head across the bridge to Tuncurry and enjoy an exceptional waterfront dining experience at Thirty Three Degrees. The oysters served here are supplied by long-established oyster farmers and grown just a few splashes away on Wallis Lake. These are without doubt the best Sydney rock oysters in Australia, come taste them for yourself!