Visitor Information Centres
Talk to a local and get the inside goss on what to experience in the Barrington Coast
You’ll find our Visitor Information Centres at Forster, Gloucester, Taree, Bulahdelah, Pacific Palms and Tea Gardens.
Get helpful advice on accommodation, tours, things to do and see, beach permits for 4WD and National Park permits... our teams have your Barrington Coast adventure covered.
Obtaining a beach access vehicle permit gives you entry to a range of beautiful, unspoilt beaches in the Barrington Coast. By obtaining a permit you are also agreeing to comply with rules regarding where and when you can access the beach.
The pass required to access a beach will depend on the beach.
Driving on MidCoast Council beaches
MidCoast Council Beach Vehicle Access Permits and brochures showing vehicle access points are available at our Visitor Information Centres at Forster, Taree, Bulahdelah and Tea Gardens, from MidCoast Council Customer Service Centre and from selected local bait and tackle stores.
Annual permit (financial year) $100; 30 day permit $60
- Crowdy Head
- Old Bar
- Wallabi Point - for boat launch only
- Black Head Front Beach - for boat launch only
- Tuncurry Nine Mile Beach
- Sandbar Beach (pictured above)
- Seal Rocks No.1 Beach - restricted
- Seal Rocks Boat Beach - for boat launch only
- Hawks Nest - north of Surf Club
- Hawks Nest - south of Surf Club - restricted permits only
- Jimmys Beach - restricted permits only
For more information visit the MidCoast Council website.
Driving on National Parks beaches
A NSW National Parks Pass is required to drive on selected National Parks beaches. In the Barrington Coast this includes:
- Northern access to Hawks Nest Beach including Little Gibber (Myall Lakes National Park)
- Lighthouse Beach, Seal Rocks (Myall Lakes National Park)
- Kylies Beach (Crowdy Bay National Park)
For more information on NSW National Park Permits and to purchase visit their website. You can also purchase passes at Barrington Coast Visitor Information Centres.