Visitor Information Centres
We have more than just visitor information... we provide you with ideas to make your stay even better than you'd expected.
Get helpful advice on accommodation, tours, things to do and see, fun events... our teams have your Barrington Coast adventure covered.
Talk to a local for helpful tips and the best ideas for your experience, anywhere in the Barrington Coast.
It's not just our Visitor Idea Centres where our you can find the best ideas for your visit.
Our designated Visitor Idea Points are conveniently dotted around the Barrington Coast with friendly locals who know all the secret spots to have you living like a local in no time.
Some of these are established businesses or venues, others are pop-up kiosks just for the day.
See our full list of Visitor Idea Points here.
Check our list of Visitor Idea Points, there's probably one near you.
Obtaining a beach access vehicle permit gives you entry to approved driving beaches of the Barrington Coast.
By obtaining a permit you are also agreeing to comply with rules regarding where and when you can access the beach.
The pass required to access a beach will depend on the beach.
Driving on MidCoast Council beaches
MidCoast Council Beach Vehicle Access Permits and brochures showing vehicle access points are available at our Visitor Idea Centres at Forster and Bulahdelah, from MidCoast Council Customer Service Centre and from selected local bait and tackle stores.
Annual permit (financial year) $100; 30 day permit $60
- Crowdy Head
- Old Bar
- Wallabi Point - for boat launch only
- Black Head Front Beach - for boat launch only
- Tuncurry Nine Mile Beach
- Sandbar Beach (pictured above)
- Seal Rocks No.1 Beach - restricted
- Seal Rocks Boat Beach - for boat launch only
- Hawks Nest - north of Surf Club
- Hawks Nest - south of Surf Club - restricted permits only
- Jimmys Beach - restricted permits only
For more information visit the MidCoast Council website.
Driving on National Parks beaches
A NSW National Parks Pass is required to drive on selected National Parks beaches. In the Barrington Coast this includes:
- Northern access to Hawks Nest Beach including Little Gibber (Myall Lakes National Park)
- Lighthouse Beach, Seal Rocks (Myall Lakes National Park)
- Kylies Beach (Crowdy Bay National Park)
For more information on NSW National Park Permits and to purchase visit their website.