A day trip exploring around Taree.
It's easy to spend a day exploring the bustling regional city of Taree on the banks of the Manning River.
You may be surprised at the choice of excellent eateries, boutiques, galleries, entertainment and history you'll find in Taree.
- Enjoy breakfast at Centrepoint Cafe, Bohemian Cafe, Raw Sugar Cafe or The Sailo's if you're after water views with your eggs benedict.
- Take the self-guided Taree Heritage Walk to view historic buildings and parks
- Indulge in some shopping: homewares at The Shed Luxe or Gather & Place, delicious local produce at Mentges Master Meats and cheeses from Barrington Coast Creamery
- Drive to Apex Lookout for the best view of the mighty Manning River and afterwards enjoy lunch at Cafe Thyme, Café Nosh or Little Eataly Cafe
- Fill your afternoon with a visit to the Manning Regional Art Gallery, or an exhibition at the Beryl Jane Flett Studio
- Browse the art and jewellery from local Aboriginal artists at Deep Water Shark Gallery
- Don't miss the Big Oyster, now part of a motor dealership
- If you'd prefer some easy walks in nature instead of shopping, head to nearby Brimbin Nature Reserve or Dawson River wetland boardwalk.
- Enjoy a delicious pre-show dinner, try authentic Thai at Chim Young Thai, Korean at Twohans, Indian at Jashan Lounge or Italian at Café Giardino
- Afterwards catch an evening show at the Manning Entertainment Centre.