A day trip exploring around Wingham.
It's easy to spend a day exploring the historic town of Wingham in the heart of the Manning River valley.
If you love local history then two of our best musuems are located here at Wingham and at nearby Tinonee. The boutiques of Wingham may also keep you busy or you can get closer to nature on the boardwalks under magnificent fig trees alongside the Manning River.
- Head to Wingham for breakfast at the Garden Grub Café or Coffee On Isabella
- Browse the shops including homewares at Bent On Life and Circle Of Friends, and for women's fashion at Dress Up and Ashlea Road
- Stroll through Central Park to the Manning River and wander the boardwalk paths in Wingham Brush Nature Reserve under magnificent buttressed fig trees
- Spend some time browsing through history in Wingham Museum followed by lunch at award-winning Bent On Food Cafe
- Take a short drive to Brushy Cutting Lookout and view the latest gallery works at Artisans On The Hill
- If you’re still hungry for more history, stop at historic Tinonee, once the heart of the Manning River, and spend some time in Tinonee Museum
- Or bring your mountain bikes for an afternoon on the free-flowing trails at Kiwarrak Mountain Bike Park
- Finish your day back in Taree and enjoy a tasty Korean barbecue dinner at Twohans.