A day trip exploring the lighthouse at Seal Rocks.
It's easy to spend a day exploring the famous landmarks of Seal Rocks: Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse, Lighthouse Cottages plus Lighthouse Beach.
- After breakfast, head into Seal Rocks, stopping at the (only) store for a coffee at Single Fin Coffee.
- Leave your car at the Kinka Road carpark for your walk to Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse, which is 700m from the carpark, under the canopy of coastal forest.
- You'll first arrive at the Lighthouse Cottages with views across Lighthouse Beach. The cottages can be rented for short stay accommodation, a truly exceptional experience after the daytrippers have departed.
- The views just keep getting better so keep some energy for the steep path up to the cliff top and the lighthouse itself.
- You can even climb the steps for views once reserved only for the lighthouse keeper himself: 360-degrees across coastal wilderness.
- Meander along the headland path to capture different aspects of the lighthouse, then head back down to the cottages.
- If you brought a picnic lunch, this is a great spot to enjoy it.
- Or you can take it with you and follow the cliff track down onto Lighthouse Beach, kicking off your shoes to enjoy the sand and saltwater of this wildly remote beach.
- For dinner, the nearest eateries are at Pacific Palms.
Hot tip: Seal Rocks is a small seaside village with narrow streets and very limited parking. Illegal camping and illegal parking impacts the local community heavily, so please be respectful and considerate. Avoid the crush (and the parking ticket fine) by planning your visit outside of peak seasons.