A day trip exploring Harrington.
It's easy to spend a day exploring the historic maritime village of Harrington, at the mouth of the mighty Manning River.
- Start your day with good coffee and great breakfast at Beach Street Dispensary.
- Take a leisurely stroll through history along the Harrington Heritage Riverwalk. Here you'll find fascinating facts, titbits of history and stories of creating new lives in a new world: ship building, ship wrecks and missing ships.
- Or if you're feeling like some water activities, check out the equipment you can hire from Harrington Adventure: paddleboards, surfboards, windsurfers and kayaks.
- Enjoy lunch afterwards at Hey Little Fishy Cafe or Nate's Pizzeria.
- Stroll to the top of Pilot Hill and enjoy the vista across the Manning River delta and watch for whales. You'll wonder how the early captains ever got their ships safely across the sand bar... and many didn't.
- Head down the hill and saunter along the southern Harrington breakwall to get a closer look at the Manning River waters that have just completed their 261km journey from high in Barrington Tops.
- It's probably time for a refreshing dip, so head back to the beach using the northern breakwall and take a well-earned swim in the Pacific Ocean.
- Finish your day with a good meal and awesome riverside views, at the Harrington Hotel, or Club Harrington or Shoreline Tavern.