A day trip exploring around Hannam Vale, with Waitui Falls and Cattai Wetlands.
It's easy to spend a day exploring around scenic Hannam Vale: pick blueberries, find a waterfall and sit still in a bird hide.
- Head to the hamlet of Hannam Vale for a scenic drive in landscapes that remind you of Byron Bay hinterland.
- During blueberry season from early December you can pick your own at Brackenridge Berry Farm at Waitui.
- Find Waitui Falls just a few steps from the road and dip your toes into the cool water.
- Enjoy lunch at the Hannam Vale Store & Cafe before heading towards Cattai Wetlands.
- On your way through Moorland stop for a supply of scones and other picnic goodies from Moorland Cottage Café (best scones on the coast plus a whole lot more deliciousness).
- Set up a scenic picnic in Cattai Wetlands and admire this unique coastal wetland as you count the bird species you’ll see from the bird hide.
- To finish your day, be tempted back to Hannam Vale Store & Cafe for one of their popular themed dinners or famous roasts.