A day trip exploring around Bulahdelah and Wootton.
It's easy to spend a day exploring the country towns of Bulahdelah and Wootton, you'll be rewarded with big trees, big mountains and more.
- Get some tasty breakfast treats at Detours Cafe (famous for pies) or Cafe On Main, you'll need the energy for the upcoming walking.
- No visit to the charming country town of Bulahdelah is complete without seeing The Grandis, the tallest tree in NSW.
- Take some time to explore the cultural and spiritual significance of Bulahdelah Mountain Aboriginal Place with walks, lookouts and tree carvings.
- Back in town enjoy a tasty lunch at Myalla Magic Café in a gorgeously restored heritage house.
- Afterwards spend some time at the Court House Museum, especially the cells out the back.
- Browse the interesting shops full of things you'll be tempted to buy for a friend or yourself: Little Place To Call Home and Mr Ben & The Weasel.
- And if you're looking for wineries then there are two great choices here: Old Inn Road and Great Lakes Paddocks.
- Great Lakes Paddocks also have regular special event days with live music and pop-up kitchens from local eateries. Great music and great food alfresco!
- Take the short scenic drive to nearby Wootton, stop for a coffee and baked treats at Bites & Brew Cafe before rambling along the Historical Railway Walk deep in Wang Wauk State Forest.
- Finish your day back in Bulahdelah with authentic Indonesian food from Warung Peri, to remind you of Bali.