A day trip exploring around Hawks Nest.
It's easy to spend a day exploring the jewels of Hawks Nest on our southern shores: Jimmys Beach and Bennetts Beach and more, stretching into Myall Lakes National Park.
- Have a hearty breakfast at Benchmark On Booner, you'll need the energy, and remember to pack drinking water for your walk.
- It's a gentle start along Jimmys Beach then onto Bennetts Beach, comparing the ocean blues and sandy whites.
- At the southern end of Bennetts Beach, join the Yacaaba headland walking track.
- At the top you’ll be rewarded with extraordinary coastal views to Seal Rocks and Tomaree Headland across the bay of Port Stephens. On a clear day you can see all the way to Barrington Tops.
- So far you've done considerable walking with considerable effort, so take a break in Tea Gardens, across the Singing Bridge from Hawks Nest.
- Choose your favourite flavour at Tea Gardens Ice Cream Shack, get some freshly cooked seafood to takeaway from Tea Gardens Fish Market, or sit down for a tasty lunch at Seagrass Cafe or Mumms On the Myall.
- If you’re really up for a challenge then try Mungo Walking Track (21km one way, 10-12 hours) that links Mungo Brush Campground with Hawks Nest.
- Reward yourself with dinner at a stylish Tea Gardens eatery: Tillermans or Tea Gardens Boatshed both offer exceptionally good dining experiences and should be on your menu.