A day trip exploring Old Bar, Wallabi Point and Saltwater National Park.
It's easy to spend a day exploring the villages near the southern mouth of the Manning River delta: Old Bar and Wallabi Point. An extra special bonus is Saltwater National Park.
- Head to Old Bar and enjoy breakfast at Old Bar Village Cafe or by the beach at Blowfish Café.
- Take a short walk on expansive Old Bar Beach or join a surfing lesson with Saltwater Surf School.
- Stock up on your picnic favourites at Old Bar Bakery before driving to Saltwater National Park.
- There you can surf at Wallabi Beach, or stroll the Headland Walking Track to watch for whales or dolphins.
- Paddle your kayak or SUP on Khappinghat Creek lagoon or enjoy your picnic under the trees with your feet in the water. Afterwards stroll along the Five Islands Walking Track.
- Head back to Old Bar for a coffee at Buyi Espresso Bar.
- Finish your day at The Tav' Old Bar for delicious bistro meals done well, or exceptionally good Thai food at Sai Thai Table.
- Flow Bar is famous for evening cocktails, delicious tapas plus live music on weekends. You can even stay overnight upstairs at the utterly unique Boogie Woogie Beach House and take a shower with David Bowie or sleep with Blondie.