Take an easy stroll around Stroud, the prettiest historic town in New South Wales.
It's easy to spend a day exploring the historic town of Stroud, which is easily the prettiest small town in New South Wales, in our humble opinion.
It was the first headquarters of the Australian Agricultural Company (AACo) and boasts many fine colonial buildings. Enjoy a meal and take a stroll here before heading to nearby Allworth for gin tasting.
- Stroud is located on the scenic Bucketts Way. Coming in from the north, stop for a breakfast bite in Gloucester; or if from the south, stop in Booral at The Koffee Run or Ma Baker.
- Or if you're already in Stroud then enjoy breakfast at Billy T Cafe who are open early with generous platefuls of deliciousness served with love... and they even deliver to your room if staying at Billy T B&B.
- Browse the interesting wares and all sorts of local produce at Stroud Crafty Friends or tour the Court House museum or Quambi House
- Pick up a takeaway coffee or a generously scooped icecream cone at Stroud Milkbar and take the self-guided walk to view this pretty town at its finest: from the shaded footpaths.
- Stop for a tasty lunch back at Billy T Café or get some takeaway goodies for a picnic atop Silo Hill and wonder who those two cannons are pointing at.
- In the afternoon head to The Farmers Wife Distillery and treat yourself to a tasting plate of multi award winning gin; stay the afternoon with grazing boards of local deliciousness to share or rustic farmhouse pizza.
- Returning to Stroud, finish your day with the scenic views and delicious dinner at Three Birdies within Stroud Country Club.