How to get to Nabiac by car, train, coach or plane.
Getting to Nabiac is easy, follow the signs and you can’t miss it.The Pacific Highway
From the Hexham Bridge over the Hunter River, the journey north to Nabiac via the Pacific Highway is 125 km and takes about one hour 15 minutes. If coming from the north, the journey from the Taree exit ramp on the Pacific Highway is 24 km and takes about 15 minutes. The Pacific Highway slices through the village of Nabiac so watch for the exit ramps.
The nearest railway station is Taree which is on the main northern rail line from Sydney to Brisbane. There are several XPT trains per day in both directions.
Download the train and coach timetable here.
The car journey to Nabiac from Taree railway station is 29 km and takes about 25 minutes.
XPT train – Northbound daily:
- Sydney Central 07.08 / 11.41 / 14.41
- Broadmeadow 09.33 / 14.04 / 17.04
- Dungog 10.43 / 15.15 / 18.11
- Gloucester 11.37 / 16.22 / 19.04
- Wingham 12.27 / 17.12 / 19.53
- Taree 12.40 / 17.25 / 20.08
XPT train – Southbound daily:
- Taree 09.52 / 14.41 / 01.31
- Wingham 10.06 / 14.55 / 01.44
- Gloucester 10.56 / 15.44 / 02.33
- Dungog 12.06 / 16.38 / 03.25
- Broadmeadow 13.19 / 17.52 / 04.28
- Sydney Central 15.44 / 20.12 / 06.50
The nearest public airport is Taree airport, servicing Regional Express (REX) with flights to/from Grafton and Sydney. The journey from Taree airport to Nabiac is 39 km and takes about 30 minutes.The next-nearest is Port Macquarie airport servicing Qantaslink and Alliance Airlines with flights across Australia. From Port Macquarie airport the journey to Nabiac is 104 km and takes about one hour.
Newcastle airport services Jetstar, Qantaslink, Virgin Australia, Regional Express (REX) and Fly Pelican with flights across Australia and seasonally to Auckland. From Newcastle airport the journey to Nabiac is 120 km and takes about one hour 20 minutes.