How to get to Pacific Palms by car, train, coach or plane.
Getting to Pacific Palms is easy, follow the signs and you can’t miss this cluster of pretty coastal villages: Charlotte Bay, Boomerang Beach, Blueys Beach and Elizabeth Beach.
The Lakes Way
From the Pacific Highway exit ramp north of Bulahdelah, the journey to Pacific Palms via The Lakes Way is 37 km and takes about 30 minutes. It’s a very scenic drive and you’ll pass by Myall Lake, Smiths Lake and the villages of Bungwahl and Tarbuck Bay on your way.
If coming from the north, the journey from the Pacific Highway exit ramp to Pacific Palms via The Lakes Way is also very scenic. This route to Pacific Palms is 42 km and takes about 50 minutes. You’ll pass by beautiful Wallis Lake, Tuncurry, Forster and Booti Booti National Park on your way.
From Forster CBD, the journey to Pacific Palms is 20 km and takes about 25 minutes.
The nearest railway station is Taree which is on the main northern rail line from Sydney to Brisbane. There are several XPT trains per day in both directions.
Download the train and coach timetable here.
The journey by car to Pacific Palms from Taree railway station is 56 km and takes about one hour..
XPT train – Northbound daily:
- Sydney Central 07.08 / 11.41 / 14.41
- Broadmeadow 09.33 / 14.04 / 17.04
- Dungog 10.43 / 15.15 / 18.11
- Gloucester 11.37 / 16.22 / 19.04
- Wingham 12.27 / 17.12 / 19.53
- Taree 12.40 / 17.25 / 20.08
XPT train – Southbound daily:
- Taree 09.52 / 14.41 / 01.31
- Wingham 10.06 / 14.55 / 01.44
- Gloucester 10.56 / 15.44 / 02.33
- Dungog 12.06 / 16.38 / 03.25
- Broadmeadow 13.19 / 17.52 / 04.28
- Sydney Central 15.44 / 20.12 / 06.50
The nearest public airport is Taree airport. The journey from Taree airport to Pacific Palms is 66 km and takes about one hour 10 minutes.
The next-nearest is Newcastle airport. The journey from Newcastle airport to Pacific Palms is 118 km and takes about one hour 25 minutes.