Explore the Antarctic Beech Forest and River Walk in Gloucester Tops. Be part of the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia 25th anniversary celebration at Barrington Tops National Park... the highest point of
Explore the Antarctic Beech Forest and River Walk in Gloucester Tops.
Be part of the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia 25th anniversary celebration at Barrington Tops National Park… the highest point of the Barrington Coast!
Experience the stunning diversity of Gloucester Tops on this guided walk…
Step into the prehistoric Gondwana era and explore the other-worldly landscape of Barrington Tops National Park. We’ll start on Antarctic Beech Forest walking track, travelling through cool temperate rainforest. You’ll witness the blanket of moss stretching over the forest floor and a canopy of Antarctic beech towering over the tree ferns. We’ll join up with River Walking Track and see the snow gums and scribbly gums. We might also see wombats or crimson rosellas, so this section is sure to delight the whole family.
Remember to bring a packed lunch to enjoy along the way. This walk is 4.5km long.
- Accessibility: No wheelchair access
- Grade: Medium. Suitable for all ages. Bushwalking experience recommended. Tracks may be long, rough and very steep.
- Price: Adult $20 pp, child $10 pp, Family (2A+2C) $55
- Meeting point: Antarctic Beech Forest carpark at the very end of Gloucester Tops Road
- Bookings essential: Call 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Gloucester Tops in Barrington Tops National Park